Property Owners/Landlords Need Business Insurance that Understands Home is Where the Heart Is


Renting property to tenants is a challenging, yet rewarding business. You are providing more than just a roof over someone’s head. You may be giving a newly employed go-getter his first taste of independence, a young family their first real home, or an older couple the downsized lifestyle they now desire.

Whether you own a rental unit, duplex, or condominium, Badger Mutual Insurance Company has built its rental property insurance around your special risks and needs. While other insurance companies may offer insurance for property owners, they often don’t understand the specific challenges you may face. For example, if your rental office is damaged, and your contracts and paperwork are destroyed, it may be difficult to respond to tenants’ needs and get back on your feet. Our agents respond quickly and help you get back to the foundation of your business—providing and maintaining properties for your tenants.

And should your apartment or condominium need an “upgrade,” our agents will work with you to further customize your Rental Property Program by increasing limits or adding coverages such as:

Workers’ Compensation (where available)—typically covers injuries or illnesses that occur as a result of duties performed on the job or while at work.

Umbrella Liability—provides additional liability protection over the primary liability insurance.

Business Income-Actual Loss Sustained—provides coverage for loss of business income due to interruptions such as power outages or natural disasters.

Glass—standard for most businesses, but others may want to increase limits to protect large exterior or decorative glass

Signs—typically applies to illuminated signs, but can cover others as well.

Crime—typically covers forgery, improper funds transfers, computer fraud, counterfeiting, and more.

Liquor Liability (where available)—provides coverage for lawsuits, settlements, and more—that arise due to damages or injuries caused by an intoxicated person.

Inland Marine—protects your property during transit and the property of others at your location or in transit to or from your business.