College Intern – Accounts Division
This is a great opportunity to gain professional experience in a property and casualty insurance company that has a great culture and collaborative work environment. As an Intern, you will report to the Supervisor of Accounts and work independently to assist in the processing of policyholder premium payments and auditing payment information.
This is a year round internship which pays $15 per hour. The position is part time with a minimum of 16 hours per week required during the school year and the opportunity to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer and semester breaks. The scheduled hours are flexible based on your class schedule and our business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm.
What you will do:
- Audit an average of 500 policyholder premium payment envelopes on a daily basis to ensure that checks and related documents were removed and processed.
- Scan approximately 400 premium payment checks on a daily basis.
- Maintain the customer database by entering premium payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process direct deposit premium payments made by insurance agents on behalf of policyholders.
- Audit mortgage payment information and update homeowner policy records as needed.
The qualifications you need include….
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Badger Mutual Insurance provides you with:
- Competitive pay of $15.00 per hour
- Casual dress code and flexible work hours
- Free on-site health clinic and fitness center
- Free parking in a secured, gated parking lot
- Challenging assignments to develop your skills
- Opportunities to volunteer in company sponsored community events
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com