Become a Part of a Company with Heart
At Badger Mutual Insurance, our commitment to superior customer care and compassion starts with an outstanding team. Our professional work environment encourages employees to focus on their strengths and provides them with the opportunity to grow within the company. By maintaining a positive atmosphere, offering a comprehensive benefit plan, and cultivating a family-oriented atmosphere, our employees thrive at serving our customers. While our headquarters are in Milwaukee, we are constantly expanding our territories, improving our products, and building our team to better serve our customers.
Review our job openings below and apply to become a part of the Badger family.download application submit application and resume
(Download the application to your computer. Once completed, SAVE again before submitting.)
For more information contact:
Theresa Perry, H.R. Manager
(414) 383-1234 ext. 636
Take a look at our Careers Program to learn a bit more about who we are, the career paths we offer, and what our employees have to say!
Posted January 8, 2017
This is a great opportunity to build and grow your skills with a relationship-based company that has a great culture and collaborative work environment. As an Account Underwriter, you will be responsible for underwriting Personal Lines accounts (individual auto, homeowners) or Commercial Lines (variety of business) accounts in up to 10 states. You will work closely with independent insurance agents and partner with Regional Managers to promote profit and premium growth through new and renewal accounts. On the job training is provided to learn underwriting guidelines and the mutual insurance industry regulations.
What you will do….
- Underwrite new business, renewal policies and policy endorsements
- Review policy applications and related documents to assess the degree of risk
- Review inspection and/or loss control reports on new and existing policies
- Conduct risk analysis to determine acceptance, rejection or non-renewal of policies
- Utilize underwriting guidelines to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Negotiate policy terms and conditions with agents on complex accounts
- Provide exceptional service to policyholders and independent agents
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with agencies
The qualifications you need include….
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Risk Management or related field
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage workload independently and effectively
- A confident decision maker with negotiation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Good judgement, a great work ethic and highly self-motivated
Badger Mutual Insurance provides you with:
- A competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401K plan with a company match program
- On-site health clinic and free access to company fitness center
- Free parking in a secured, gated parking lot
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- A management team that values employees as the most important resource
- A workplace that supports the community through company sponsored charity events