The Badger Mutual Insurance Women’s Amateur Golf Tournament is one of the largest amateur women’s tournaments of its kind in our area. The BMIWA provides a quality competitive event for amateur women golfers and raises funds to benefit the needs of other women and children in our community.
Congratulations to our 2018 Champion!
Bobbi Stricker – Cherokee Country Club
As this year’s champion, Bobbi receives a sponsor’s exemption to play in the Symetra event – PHC Classic – at Brown Deer on August 9-12.
|Play Dates||Monday, July 30 and Tuesday, July 31 at Brown Deer Park Golf Course. The tournament will be held rain or shine. (No rain date.)|
|Eligibility||The tournament is open to any amateur woman golfer age 16 and older with an established USGA handicap. Participation will be limited to 92 players on a first come first serve basis.|
|Event||Two day 18-hole stroke play. Players will be flighted by handicap. Championship flight will play from the previous slope rating of 73.8/132; all other flights will play new tees with a slope rating 69.2/126. Caddies are allowed but not provided. Walking is permitted or carts are available to be rented.
PLAY IN THE SYMETRA EVENT (PHC CLASSIC) AT BROWN DEER ON AUGUST 9-12.
|Rules||USGA rules are in force and officials will be on the course. Pace of play will be enforced. No metal spikes allowed on the course.|
|Tee Times||There will be a crossover on both days of play. Monday, July 30 tee times will begin at 12:00 noon. Tuesday, July 31 tee times will begin at 7:00 am. First day tee times can be found on the tournament web site starting July 24.|
|Award Presentations||Gross and Net prizes. Silent Auction, Raffle, and Luncheon will follow after all play is completed on the second day.|
|Entry||Entry fee is $110. Special entry fee of $100 for students age 16-18. This includes Monday lunch and Tuesday Awards luncheon. Carts can be rented daily from the pro shop for $17/day.
Please make checks payable to Badger Mutual Golf Tournament and mail along with registration form to:
N96W18221 County Line Rd
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Deadline is Friday, July 20, 2018
NO refunds will be given after pairings are released. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to make final decisions.
Tee times will begin at 12:00 noon on Monday, July 30 and 7:00 am on Tuesday, July 31. There will be a crossover on both days of play with foursomes starting on both Hole 1 and 10 with the Championship Flight going off last from Hole 10. (This year the finishing hole will be on #9.)
Second day pairings will be available from the pro shop (414-352-8080) or on-line at the tournament website at badgermutual.com/bmiwa.
The Championship flight will play from the previous slope rating of 73.8/132. All other flights will play new tees with a slope rating 69.2/126.
- Caddies are allowed but not provided; However, on Monday, some of the Caddies In Training will be available. Call the Clubhouse (414-3521-8080) if interested. Walking is permitted or carts are available to be rented ($17 per day).
- Free balls will be available at the driving range each morning provided by Andy Barrett, Head Professional at Brown Deer Park Golf Course.
- Breakfast coffee and fruit will be available on Tuesday, July 31 (donated by Pick’n Save).
- There will be a gift bag given at the registration table. Free bottled water will be on the course. Please refill as needed from coolers (lessen the plastic impact!).
- On Monday a box lunch will be available starting at 11:00 AM. It can be taken on the course if desired.
- USGA rules are in force and officials will be on the course. Pace of play will be enforced. No metal spikes allowed on the course.
- Items for the silent auction and/or raffle benefiting our selected charities, Sojourner Peace Center and LOTUS Legal Clinic, will be displayed in the clubhouse both days.
- Credit Card use is available for bidding on Silent Auction items.
- The awards luncheon will follow play on Tuesday, July 31 at approximately 1:30 p.m. Only golfers will be seated at the luncheon.
- Prizes will be awarded for both Gross and Net scores in flights one through five.
- The winner of each flight will receive a merchandise certificate for the Brown Deer Pro Shop.
This year’s tournament champion will receive a sponsor’s exemption to play
in the Symetra event – PHC Classic – at Brown Deer on August 9-12!
Special championship flight yardage information shown below:
|Championship Flight 73.8/132||433||307||145||465||136||471||174||383||289||2803|
|Championship Flight 73.8/132||410||161||347||402||159||503||341||345||353||3021||2803||5824|
The Sojourner Family Peace Center is the largest nonprofit provider of domestic violence prevention and intervention services in Wisconsin, serving over 9,500 individuals every year. Lotus Legal Clinic provides free legal counsel to survivors of gender-based violence and human trafficking.
Watch this space for a listing of some of the items that will be available at our silent auction!
We appreciate our supporters! Below we have listed some of our corporate sponsors, with still so many others to thank. Together we are all helping to make a difference in the lives of many. Thank you.