July 24-25, 2023 • Brown Deer Golf Course • Milwaukee, WI
2022 Tournament Details
The 23rd Annual Badger Mutual Insurance Women’s Amateur (BMIWA) is one of the largest amateur women’s golf tournaments of its kind in our area. It is a two-day, 18-hole stroke play tournament, providing a quality, competitive event for amateur women golfers.
All proceeds from the tournament are donated to local organizations focused on the needs of women and children throughout southeastern Wisconsin, raising over $290,000 over the past two decades. The proceeds from this year’s tournament will benefit Sojourner Family Peace Center & LOTUS Legal Clinic.
Sojourner Family Peace Center is the largest nonprofit provider of domestic violence prevention and intervention services in Wisconsin, serving over 9,500 individuals annually.
LOTUS Legal Clinic provides free legal counsel to survivors of gender-based violence and human trafficking.
- Monday, July 25, and Tuesday, July 26
– Monday tee times begin at 12:00 pm.
– Tuesday will be a shotgun start at 8:00 am.
- Brown Deer Golf Course– Milwaukee, WI
- Two-day 18-hole stroke play
- Players will be flighted by handicap. Championship flight will play from the previous slope rating of 74.0/132. All other flights will play the gold tees with a slope rating of 69.2/126.
- No rain date: the tournament will be held rain or shine.
- Open to any amateur woman golfer aged 16 and older with an established USGA handicap.
- Participation will be limited to 92 players on a first-come, first-served basis.
- USGA rules are in force and officials will be on the course.
- Pace of play will be enforced.
- No metal spikes allowed on the course.
- Caddies are allowed but not provided.
- Entry fee: $120
– Includes golf both days and Tuesday luncheon
– Student (aged 16-18) entry fee: $110
– Carts can be purchased at the Pro Shop. Please indicate your need for a cart when you register.
- Gross and Net prizes awarded as flights finish on Tuesday.
- Silent Auction on both days of the tournament. Winning bidders will be notified by phone if not in attendance at 3 pm on Tuesday.